Tuesday, September 9, 2014

L. M. Boston

In 1975 I took a month-long UWSP class in England on children's literature. We visited many places, such as Beatrice Potter's home. I was a school librarian and was entranced by a series of books set in Green Knowe, by L.M. Boston. One feature of the trip was to be a visit to her home and land, on which Green Knowe was based, and that was the main reason I chose to take the class. But just before we went there, she told us she could only take a few of us; she was 80 and felt unable to handle large groups. Our class had a drawing. I was unlucky in the drawing, but one of the chosen who didn't much very care about going very kindly gave me her slot. I was very grateful and really thrilled to go. This picture is Lucy Boston on the left and our teacher, Lee Bernd, on the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment